ANR Kit Specifications
ANR Kit Compatibility:
- Designed to fit most headsets made today for use in general and commercial aviation with 300 ohm impedance audio systems. These include headsets and helmets made by AV-Comm®, David Clark®, FlightCom®, Peltor®, Pilot®, RST®, Sigtronics®, SoftCom® and other David Clark 'style' headsets.
- In general, if your headset accepts the David Clark® Gel Ear Seals* and has an inner clearance of 1 1/4" from the outer flange of the ear cup, your headset or helmet should be compatible with the ANR Upgrade Kit.
- Noise Reduction Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 600 Hz.
- Decibel Reduction: 15-17 dB active noise attenuation1 at 200 to 300 Hz.
- Weight: Adds approximately three ounces to your original headset weight.
The ANR system requires a 9 volt DC power source2 that is supplied either by:
- Battery Pack (included) for one 9 volt3 battery.
- Panel Mount Power Supply (optional) for your aircraft's 12 or 24 volt electrical system.
- Total noise attenuation you receive will depend on your headset, quality of fit, and ear seals used.
- Alkaline batteries provides approximately of 20 hours of continuous service. The actual life of the battery depends on the noise environment of your aircraft.
- If the battery goes dead while the headset is in use, the normal unmodified audio signal continues to be received. Only the ANR function of the system is lost.